‘El Purito’ at 35 yrs old he’s no youngster. But he has done some of the best riding of his career over the past few years. Twice third in this race, look for him to have a strong showing following an impressive second half to the Tour de France
1. Formula 1 cars are capable of going 0 to 100mph to 0 in under 5 seconds!
2. Formula 1 gas tanks are actually a kevlar bag. So they won’t break and can’t be punctured.
3. The seats have no padding and are made up of carbon fiber molded to the drivers body.
4. And the driver position is probably not what you think it is. As Nico Rosberg shows us below.
5. The power to weight ratio is roughly 1275 hp per 1000 kilos. To put that into perspective a Bugatti Veyron’s power to weight ratio is roughly 530 hp per 1000 kilos!!
6. Drivers can experience over 4 g’s while braking! Several drivers have said it feels like their lungs are being pressed against their rib cages. In fact at speeds over 160 the DOWNFORCE ALONE (just letting off of the gas pedal) produces 1 g of braking. Which is equal to the maximum braking of most road sports cars!
7. Formula 1 cars have so much downforce that at high speeds the downforce greatly exceeds the weight of the stationary car. In fact at just 81mph the downforce equals roughly the weight of the car. Meaning that, if they could get up to speed, it could drive upside down on the roof of a tunnel!
8. The center of gravity is so low on the Formula 1 cars, the drivers sit only 2-3 inches above the ground!
9. They are just really, really fast. Check out this video:
It’s the good ones that really make us think. Commencement addresses are designed for young graduates, meant to be filled with advice for the future. But it is not only graduates that can benefit from them. There are some days when all of us could use the wisdom of a commencement address. Here, we have assembled a non-comprehensive list of seven great ones (in no particular order) for you to enjoy.
1. Jim Carey 2014 Maharishi University Commencement Address
2. Steve Jobs 2005 Stanford University Commencement Address
3. J.k. Rowling 2008 Harvard Commencement Address
4. Ellen Degeneres 2009 Tulane University Commencement Address
5. Meryl Streep 2010 Barnard College Commencement Address
6. Neil Gaiman 2012 University of the Arts Commencement Address
7. Mack Brown 2014 University of Texas Department of Government Commencement Address